Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Cebu Philippines: Bell Tower of Santo Nino Basilica Fixed




In October 2013, a 7.2 magnitude earthquake hit Central Philippines destroying the bell tower of the Basilica Santo Nino, a beloved church that dates back to 1565.

I was happy to see that the bell tower has been restored.


The Santo Nino Church is home to the beloved statue of the Child Jesus, which is said to be miraculous. My own mother had danced her prayer for my life when I was an infant and close to death.  I always visit the Child Jesus in the Santo Nino Church to give my thanks.


Tags: Cebu, Philippines, #Cebu, Santo Nino, basilica, church, Visayas

Read also
The Bachelors and Femina Days of Cebu - Memorabilia photos
Old Photographs and Memories 
The Schools I attended, Part 1, St.Theresa's College
The Schools I attended, Part 2, UP & Maryknoll
The Schools I attended, Part 3, UCLA

Saying Goodbye to Papa
Where the Daydreaming Came From 
Death of a Carnival Queen

This is all for now.
Cecilia

No comments: