Friday, August 21, 2015

Beauty Tip: Snail Slime for Beautiful Skin

 When I was in Korea, I bought facial cream with snail slime or mucin - pictures below. The writing is in Korean characters so I have no idea who made the product. There are numerous snail slime products in Korea of varying prices. To play it safe, I got a high end product.


The story goes that Koreans noticed that people who handled snails had smooth and youthful hands and that their small cuts healed quickly, This discovery led to the development of skin products with snail mucin. They don't have to  kill the snails, thank God for that, they harvest the slime. Snails excrete the slime when agitated. The sticky, gooey stuff contains hyaluronic acid, glycoprotein enzymes, antimicrobial and copper peptides, which are good for the skin.



I quote from an AOL news account:http://www.aol.com/article/2012/10/26/would-you-put-snail-slime-your-face-name-beauty/20503480/



"Snail mucin extract is a complex blend of proteins, glycolic acids and elastin. It has been recognized for many years as far back as Ancient Greece as an ingredient that reduces inflammation," dermatologist Macrene Alexiades-Armenakas, M.D. told us. "The extract is renowned for its regenerative properties, and facilitates the restoration of damaged tissue and replenishes moisture in the skin. It is also effective in treating acne and scarring."

I have not given up using my Algenist skin products, but I use my Korean-bought snail cream like its an eye or neck cream. The Korean snail product is a thick moisturizer that slides over the skin nicely. I can't tell if it's done anything to the skin, but it hasn't harmed it. It feels good and luxurious. I think it's probably good for the skin.

Would I buy skin products with snail mucin?


I would, although as mentioned, I'm an avid fan of Algenist, which I can highly recommend.

Read also

Makeup by Swapna: Peachy-Orange Look for Summer
Pictures of Beautiful Women Around the World
No to Botox, Yes to Face Yoga and Makup
How Tall Is the Filipino Woman?
Gray Hair Is In!!!

Tags: beauty, beauty products, skin, skin care, fashion, #skincare, snail slim, snail mucin, snail skin products

This is all for now,
Cecilia






No comments: