Thursday, May 7, 2015

Health: A Bad Cold and What I'm Doing About It




I've got a cold!

I caught a chill yesterday, which probably contributed to my condition. Here I am with a sore throat and runny nose. My eyes are watery and I feel lethargic.

Here's what I've been doing to help myself. I've been gargling with salt water to help the sore throat. I started taking a 500 mg L-lysine, and a 500 mg Vitamin C, twice a day. L-lysine is supposed to kill viruses. I've been drinking ginger tea. I'm using a saline nose spray. I'm also resting. I'll be taking a lot of chicken soup. I get the packages with chicken bits, as this is easy to prepare.

And oh, I've been rubbing Vick's VapoRub on my chest, neck, and forehead -- this is very comforting! This brings back a lot of childhood memories!



The Mayo Clinic recommends to  stay hydrated, rest, soothe a sore throat with a saltwater gargle, combat stuffiness with saline nasal drops and sprays, relieve pain with acetaminophen, ibuprofen, or aspirin, sip warm liquids, add moisture to the air, and try over-the-counter cold and cough medicines.

People have other suggestions, such as taking zinc and selenium.

I'm hoping this cold doesn't linger.

Read also
Herbs as Natural Remedies
Fresh Turmeric in Los Angeles, California
How to Make Tea from Hibiscus or Gumamela Flowers
How to Make Gugo or Gogo Shampoo

Tags: health, natural treatment, common cold, what to do

This is all for now,
Cecilia







No comments: