Friday, November 14, 2014

Found - Fresh Turmeric in Los Angeles, California



I've never seen fresh Turmeric in Los Angeles and was excited to find some at the Seafood City Supermarket on Vermont -- packs of huge, fat, healthy Turmeric.

I set aside some huge ones to plant.  The rest I will use for tea.





 I love Turmeric. A relative of Ginger, it is an anti-inflammatory, and is used for arthritis, heartburn, stomach pain, diarrhea, intestinal gas, stomach bloating, jaundice, liver problems, and a host of other disorders. Click on this link for more information.

Here's how I make Turmeric tea.  I slice the Turmeric and crush the pieces. I boil these in water, and let the mixture steep for a long time. Take a look at that rich orange color of the steeped Turmeric!  I use Muscavado to sweeten, but you can also use honey or plain sugar.

It's delicious and very good for you.




Read also
Herbs as Natural Remedies
How to Make Tea from Hibiscus or Gumamela Flowers
How to Make Gugo or Gogo Shampoo

Tags: turmeric, ginger, health, healthy, tea, natural remedy, natural treatment, anti-inflammatory

This is all for now,
Cecilia

No comments: